Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My Tender Fantasy...

Love me true



This has to be one of the most loving sensitive ballads ever written. Elvis Presley had the most amazing voice and this song showcases him perfectly.

I love the way it begs and states at the same. This song should be played in the middle of every argument and epitomizes what love should strive to be.

It was followed on my iPod, ironically enough, by this Ludacris song.

in the pouring rain...



Different songs but not necessary that far apart. True love comes in many colors and flavors. In some ways, it is every bit as romantic.

Two sides of the same coin....

"Some times you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't..... "

                                                                              Almond Joy/Mounds

The wiki link for the song Love Me Tender
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_Me_Tender_(song)

The wiki link to Ludacris' page
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ludacris

Both pages have some interesting insight....

like the fact that it was standard procedure for Elvis to receive a 50% writing credit to any song he sang. The other 50% of Love Me Tender was given to the producers wife. When asked why, the producer replied:

She had nothing to do with writing this song either.

Pretty funny.

Enjoy them both.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Love Me Tender is one of the very first songs I ever learned how to play on the piano. I love Elvis so much that I actually have a picture of him hanging in my kitchen. (Is that embarrassing?)