Monday, November 29, 2010

BuBBly...

when you kiss my nose, the feeling shows



This song is for my Rotty... Osceola.

If you don't know me, then you don't know that I was blessed with the world's most "non-people-friendly" dog known to man for 17 years. My shepherd Czar, whose ashes still rest on my nightstand, went almost everywhere with me. He saw my ups and downs and everything in between. This hundred pound dog lived in a townhouse condo with me. He got dragged around to volleyball tournaments. He endured an awful marriage with me.

Imagine 17 years... late twenties to early forties...

think of all the things we go through in that time period. He endured relationships, jobs, different homes, friends, and hardships. I will never forget this dog. Watching him grow old and eventually needing to be put down was the hardest thing I've ever had to endure....

So why Bubbly?

It's because my new "puppy" has become such a joy.

He's a rescue who was found wondering the streets. He was afraid of people and it took ten days to corral him. He showed signs of abuse and weighed in around 45 lbs when he was coerced by an angel. He eventually ended up with me and he's grown into quite the animal.

He now weighs in over 100lbs and has become the world's biggest lapdog. He makes me smile EVERY SINGLE DAY. The vet has determined he is somewhere between 4-6 years old and I've had him now for 2 years. He learns new things constantly.

He sleeps with me.

He's my alarm clock.... FAITHFULLY.

He has recently taken to standing at the bedroom doorway and staring at me until I tell him it's ok to go to bed.

He absolutely loves his Mom-Mom and he loves his walks.

It is impossible not to smile at him when he prances!

He's my favorite horse.....

cuz he's BuBBly!

2 comments:

Jonco said...

I love it! Great story. I know what you mean about making you smile. It's amazing how some silly little look or action can make you laugh out loud. There's nothing like a dog!

Anonymous said...

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!