Friday, August 15, 2008

Back in the FL


To all you that voted that I wouldn't leave PA…

YOU'RE WRONG!!
My flight back was a great one. Someone remind me to send an email to http://www.usa3000.com/ and comment on how great their service is. They got me into town 40 minutes early. They beat United by a good 15 hours!
Anyway, being back in town has put me right back under the gun again. I was able to get to Damsel's birthday party, although 'Box and I ruined the surprised by stopping in on Wed. after a couple buckets and wings at the ex-Jet kickers place (if he wants me to use the name, I gots to get paid!).
The party went well and led to a couple more days of a whirlwind tour of "welcome back to town", complete with some kind of monkey jello shots at the Nav-A Gator (they don't have to pay me!).
Since there's so much to relay… it's on to the funny.

First, here's a picture of my volleyball team from the Rumble back in June. Yes, this is the team that let this old man walk off the court playing in the highest division, in the biggest tourney on the east coast, making the playoffs and beating a team of 18yo's 15-1. We forfeited our spot in the playoffs due to the 3 hour wait for them to start. Old muscles seem to stiffen when they are forced to sit that long. Besides, it was well passed beer-thirty and we had already proven that we could still play one last time. I was so proud that after a 6 year layoff I didn't embarrass myself and also so proud of my teammates that they put up with this fat, slow old man. I have pictures of me in motion that will remain "un-blogged" at this time. Anyway, thanks guys.
Next… Here is what I've been doing in PA. For those of you that don't know, I was one half of a company known as Cherrystone Graphics. We were a textile silkscreening company that had very good success printing for the AVP (beach volleyball) and the NLL (pro lacrosse). We also did work for QVC (a home shopping channel) and ran our own line of volleyball apparel (VB Bones). There are way too many stories to even start this subject in this forum, so I will just say it was a great experience that I will always remember.
My partner in crime at CG is Dubya. When I'm in PA and he has work (he still dabbles part time, having since moved into the technology field) he will set me up back behind the "wheels of steel" and allow me to produce his wonderful designs.
Here are just a few.
Having been in the "t-shirt" business for quite the while, here are some designs I would have liked to have produced! They are collected from http://www.snorgtees.com/ and http://www.tshirthell.com/.

These ALL apply to me.









Strategically printed low












Just plain funny




  

For Mr. and Mrs. Rhythm


For my friend Cinderella, who lives in Idaho, miss ya 'Pea!


For 'Box!



Not PC?




Three from T-Shirt Hell's Baby Hell





The last one will lead me into 'Box and I's next foray into funny. It is taken from a scene in Talladega Nights where Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly are improv-ing saying Grace. They argue over how to picture Jesus and one of John C. Reilly's visions starts with "I like to picture Jesus wearing a tuxedo t-shirt".



This scene has gotten 'Box and I to start texting each other with random thoughts on IL2PJ… (I like to picture Jesus)

Here's a teaser…
My favorite from 'Box…
IL2PJ as a mediocre bass player in a Foghat cover band.
His favorite from me…
IL2PJ as a senator from the great state of Milwaukee
Let me know if you think this idea is funny. I think it's hilarious but I've been called offbeat before.
Here's some more from the list of un-PC album titles:
Eric Clapton: Open Window
Freddy Mercury: Full Blown
Nancy Wilson: The Titanic Soundtrack
Santana: Up On the Roof
Karen Carpenter: All Out of Lunch
Earth, Wind, and Fire: Hurricane Katrina
Phil Spector: My Aim is True
Pussycat Dolls: Tunnels of Love
James Brown: Under a Good Foot
James Brown: Poppa's Got a Brand New Body Bag
Snoop Dogg: Weedin' with a Ho'
Boy George: You'll Be a Woman Soon
Vince Neill: Grabacab
Michael Jackson: My Roots are on Fire
Michael Jackson: Smokin' in the Boys Room
Kurt Cobain: Shooting My Mouth Off
Aretha Franklin: MacArthur Pork
Madonna: Yankin' the Rod
Johnny Cash, Jerry Garcia, Elvis, & Freddy Fender: Box Set.

Any of those funny?

Here's a picture of Breezy's rugrats. It was used in an advertisement for their dentist (I think it was the dentist.)


And last but not least….

Sitting at the rail, Box and I discussed…
If we were going to the Olympics, what country would we represent?
First the easy ones…

Turkey
Chile
Hungary
Greece

Then came the creative…

Tawain-on
Lickinstein
Largemenistan
Fatvia
Norweigh
Largentina
The Sandwich Islands
Isle of Mode
Bellyrus
Crowateya
El Salivador

Or my fav…
Mayonnaisia
Please take the time to add any and scroll down to vote on your favorite one!
Hope you enjoyed!
Coming next blog… more IL2PJs and we will be discussing exactly WHICH Olympic events we will participate in..
Beached Volleyball?
Stay tuned!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The Eric Clapton title was terrible :( Tisk Tisk! But, I love your humor!

Karen Carpenters was funny too! I loved this post just like all loved all your others. I am glad your back home!

Anonymous said...

I want my jesus to party!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for thinking of me! I think....

Now I have to go back and read all of the ones I've missed - stupid technology. Teach me to rely on it!

Batten down the hatches, PC - and hope this one ain't Charley II! Love ya.

Jennifer said...

You are so F'in WRONG it's right.
HAHAHAAAAAAAA
I <3 Fungus.

WHITE FLOUR!!!