Monday, November 15, 2010

Shuffle

Oh Snap!

This is what came up on my iPod while I was walking the dog this morning.





Here's a link to his homepage which includes links to future appearances and a bio.

http://www.bizmarkie.com/

There's also videos of his Radio Shack and Heineken commercials.



and then there's this too....




This little doll comes in the cereal box packaging and is available thru the webpage store only....
for $150 each!


Here's a link to the Wikipedia page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biz_Markie

There's a lot of interesting facts that I didn't know including the fact that Biz Markie was one of the first rappers sued for "sampling" without giving credit to the original artist. He was sued by Gilbert O' Sullivan for sampling his hit Alone Again (Naturally) on his track I Need a Haircut. He eventually had to pull the record until the rights were cleared. The suit set a legal precedent for the emerging rap industry.

On a personal note, this song has special meaning for me because it has become a favorite of my niece and I. We sing it loud and very offkey... and of course we giggle like the children we are.

No comments: